Postcards from Vegas
A couple weeks ago, my husband and I took a quick trip to Las Vegas to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary. Las Vegas, despite it’s bad reputation, is a city that I LOVE!!!!! As a graphic designer & photographer, it really is a feast for the eyes. There are so many lights, colors, unique shapes, structures, floral arrangements, over the top theatrical displays, and amazing depictions of famous places all over the world. It’s like Disneyland for artists!
Over the 3 days we were there, I took a ton of photos and had a blast exploring each hotel’s nooks and crannies of visual interest. Some of the highlights were:
- Seeing the Bellagio Fountain Display played with the song “Proud to be an American” at twilight on 9/11
- Watching the designers at the Bellagio put together and complete the new autumn display in the Conservatory
- Wandering down the strip the first evening and happening upon the Volcano eruption at the Mirage
- Night Photography. Night Photography. Might I repeat: Night Photography!!!
- Enjoying the amazing pool at the Paris Hotel beneath the Eiffel Tower
- Watching the absolutely amazing show Le Reve at the Wynn Hotel – we got front row seats and enjoyed every minute – but we did work for those tickets!!!! We endured a super long painful timeshare meeting and got two tickets for the price of one!
- Meandering the city by morning when hotels and streets were empty so we could thoroughly enjoy the displays
- Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower and getting a 360 view of the city!
- The hubby winning some and then putting a bet on University of Alabama Football Team for the National Championship
Below are some of my favorites from the trip:
You can view even more of photos on my photography website, at the following link:
I had a blast in Vegas! I will look forward to the day when we return!
– Naphtalie Joy Joiner
judy squierSeptember 25, 2014
A CORNUCOPIA FOR OUR EYES… THANKS FOR SAVING ME A TRIP TO LAS VEGAS.
LOVE, MAMA MIA
Naphtalie JoinerSeptember 25, 2014
Thanks Ma!!! Glad to save you some money 🙂
MichelleSeptember 25, 2014
I’m the opposite of Judy….now I want to go! A nice way to pretend to do some world traveling. :). I loved all the Italy replicas in your photos!
NaphySeptember 25, 2014
Yes Indeed Michelle! If I can’t go abroad – I can at least pretend in Vegas!!! And yes – you should definitely hit Las Vegas on the way back from all your travels if you are able! It’s so fun for kids too – we LOVED the roller coasters at MGM Grand although I’m sure my parents paid a pretty penny for us to enjoy them 🙂
DianaSeptember 27, 2014
Fantastic! What a beautiful collection of photos! Thank you for the tour, let us know which travel magazine runs your story!
Naphtalie JoinerSeptember 27, 2014
Thanks Diana – I wish a travel magazine would run these photos!!! Las Vegas is really so much fun to photograph. 🙂